Skip to main content

5 out of 10. 5 to go.

ScreenClip(12)

From Uniloc legal counsel:

“Yesterday the USPTO mailed a Notice of Allowance for Ric’s invention entitled “Method and Apparatus for Using Imperfections in Computing Devices for Device Authentication”.

This will be the 5th US patent granted to Ric Richardson and Uniloc.”

Another milestone. This marks the halfway of the granting of the patents I did for Uniloc before I left day to day at Uniloc back in 07. This patent covers the use of making a fingerprint not only from devices within or attached to a computing device but also by looking at imperfections and damage to any of those parts or devices… for example some CPUs take longer or shorter time to compute certain calculations based on impurities in their design… its a very cool idea and I feel privileged to have had the USPTO grant me inventorship.

Comments

  1. Hi Ric, was wondering if you went worldwide with your patents or just kept them to the consumer country's??? I ask because I have a patent pending in canada for a sidedrivable wheel, and am wondering how patent protection works if I do not apply worldwide. Thank you for your time. Respectfully, William. (www.sidedriver.com for those interested in taking a look)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to contribute. Comments are moderated for fairness and language.

Real Time Web Analytics